September 23, 2010

Giddy About Salads




Yesterday I Tweeted about the great salad bar deal at Chamberlin's Market & Cafe in Winter Park. At $4.49 a pound it really is a bargain. The salad pictured is today's lunch, and it cost me $3.44. And it's filled with organic greens, carrots, beets, tomatoes, cauliflower, broccoli, beans, and the pièce de résistance, Annie's Naturals Goddess Dressing.

I had every intention of eating my Amy's Black Bean Tamale frozen meal today, but the salad with the Goddess dressing was beckoning me for the second day in a row. And not to discount the lovely salad bar, but it's really the dressing that pulls the salad together for me.

At the risk of sounding obsessed, the Goddess dressing is really truly amazingly good. I have my friend Shelley to thank for introducing me to it. For had she not raved about it the way she did I probably would have never tried it. I was quite content with my olive oil and balsamic, but decided to purchase a bottle just to humor her. Needless to say I'm convinced. But since Goddess has 13 grams of fat in 2 tablespoons I do need to limit my consumption. Which isn't easy because it tastes great on things besides salads, too. The good news is it's vegan and made with all-natural ingredients *Canola Oil, Water, *Tahini, *Apple Cider Vinegar, *Soy Sauce (water, *soybeans, sea salt *wheat), *Lemon Juice, Sea Salt, *Garlic, *Sesame Seeds, *Parsley, *Chives, Xanthan Gum.

It's available at regular grocery stores, but an 8 oz. bottle costs nearly $5. Thankfully Shelley discovered that Super Target has it for half that price. Score!

As for Chamberlin's, while I do love their salad bar, I don't love the plastic containers they provide. So hopefully they can make the transition soon to something more eco friendly!

No comments:

Post a Comment